Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Big Easy

You may recall from yesterday I mentioned our trip to the Big Easy for our 5 year anniversary. We try to go somewhere every year to celebrate. This year instead of Gatlinburg, we headed on over to New Orleans. Our hotel was lovely and close to all of the bars, which is the most important thing. We made friends with JP at the Tropical Isle and Joe at the 24/7 restaurant, Deja Vu. Those of you that know me, know that I never meet a stranger. Too Tall gets annoyed sometimes but as long as there are free drinks involved, he doesn't mind too much. Lord knows that I LOVE to sing karaoke!!!!!!!!!!! So I brought down the house with my version of Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats." After long nights of drinking, dancing and eating, we would rise early and go to Cafe Du Monde for extremely strong coffee and beignets. I loved walking around the Quarter early in the morning. It was so peaceful, but the stench was awful! Anyway......here are some pictures.



Can we get a round of Hand Grenades over here?!!!



Morning coffee by the river

Too Tall, JP and I at Tropical Isle (around 9:00am)
Not a great picture, but I have no shame.

Well on his way......


Jackson Square at 6:30am
BEAUTIFUL!!!!


View from our hotel room







3 comments:

Gatsby said...

Totally a fan of New Orleans - but it seems like a rough place to a.) raise your kids, and b.) live for more than 6 months. Otherwise, the music, food, and drinks are all awesome to visit!

Southern Foodette said...

I believe that if I was not married and did not have a child that I could live there for more than 6 months. I would probably spend my days in a drunken stupor whilst trying to locate Brad Pitt. On second thought....I really like where I am now :)

Anonymous said...

wish i was there!