Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Wednesday!








Well I have a meeting tonight with my Mardi Gras group. It is a mandatory meeting so I have to be there. The parade is coming up fast and I haven't even bought throws yet. I'm sure I will wait until the night before to run to Toomy's, buy throws and then pack my saddle bags.





I'm excited though. My house on the Island will be open for friends and family to hang out and watch as we creep up Bienville Blvd. Really by the time I pass my house, my butt really hurts and my legs are numb. I also will be craving a beer and lots of it. That is when I wish I was on a float instead of a horse, but not really. As carsick as I get, I don't think the rocking of the float would be much fun.




I'm hoping that one day I will be queen! I know mom would love to take that idea and run with it. I would have a huge train and a custom made crown with my name on it! My train would have an ornate anchor right in the middle and sparrows with my loved ones names on it. It will be very elaborate and beautiful! I have been in this organization for 7 years now so my number should be up in a couple years or so. My Birmingham family will definitely have to come down for that!




If you want to come to the parade it is January 24, 2009 on Dauphin Island. Be there early or won't find a place to park!


PS: Check out my new blog http://southernfoodette.blogspot.com/


Love to all...

No comments: